A Message from our Chair of Governors
I’m Glynis Pattison, Chair of Governors at Barley Fields. I have been involved with Barley Fields since the setting up of the school and have been a governor for over 13 years.
Barley Fields governing body consists of thirteen members, including the head teacher and two associate governors. They are representatives from the staff, parents, the community and the local authority. School governors are people who wish to make a positive contribution to children’s education. No special qualifications are required, but enthusiasm, commitment and an interest in education are important qualities to bring to a governor post
Our Governing body is responsible and accountable for all major decisions about the school and its future. Governors have a legal responsibility to conduct the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement. They set the school’s vision and strategic aims, monitor and evaluate performance acting as a critical friend to the head teacher and ensure the school is accountable to those it serves. We approve the school budget and review progress against the budget, plans and targets. The Governing Body meets each term and then it branches off into two sub-committees, Resources, discussing financial, staffing and building issues and School Improvement discussing the curriculum, standards and results. Both groups meet termly.
Barley Fields is a fantastic school, which I am sure you will agree with. If you have any issues or if there is anything that I can help you with, then please contact me via the school.
Members of The Governing Body
- Glynis Pattison – Chair of Governors/School Improvement Committee/Resources Committee
- Andrew McCulloch – Vice Chair of Governors/Resources Committee
- Caroline Taylor – Head Teacher
- Louise Davidson – School Improvement Committee/Curriculum Governor/SEND Governor
- Graeme Flaherty-Jones – School Improvement Committee/Parent Governor
- Victoria Blakey – School Improvement Committee/Parent Governor
- Adam Smith – School Improvement Committee/Parent Governor
- Tracey Butler – Resources Committee
- Mike Fairburn – Resources Committee/Parent Governor
- Tom Strachen – Resources Committee/Parent Governor
- Phillipa Neave – Staff Governor/School Improvement Committee
- Helen Gregory – Assistant Head Teacher – Associate Governor
- Rob Shildrick – Assistant Head Teacher – Associate Governor