You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
For parents who may be eligible Registering is really quick and easy –contact the Free School Meals Team at Stockton Borough Council on 01642 526606 who will help you to register.
There are many benefits of this for your child in addition to the free meal which may save you more than £350 a year). Extra benefits includes an additional £1320 pupil premium funding allocated to the school which is used to support your child’s learning.
If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue their lunchtime routine as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £1320 extra.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sites/barleyfieldsprimaryschool.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/mmd/page.php on line 23